This December I’ve teamed up with Instax to create a bunch of ideas that work perfectly for Christmas. Today I’m going to teach you how to make a visually stunning pop-up Instax card – after all, these would make pretty nifty Christmas cards don’t you think? I’m known to be a bit slack when it comes to Christmas cards, so I’m telling you right now that this is easy. And quick. Two things that make me very happy.
For this DIY you will need:
– A craft knife (& scissors if you like – I do, I’m pretty terrible with the ol’ craft knife!)
– Access to a printer
– Card in the colour(s) of your choice
– A pencil
– An Instax camera & fim (alternatively you can use your smartphone & Instax Share)
1. Start by taking a photo of your Instax camera, or finding a generic one online. I used one of my favourite photos ever, from this yellow blog post, which also doubles as my sidebar picture! Print out your photo & use your craft knife or scissors to cut out the camera photo.
2. Trace around your camera picture onto a piece of card. Then cut that out too.
3. You need to use your craft knife to make a slit near the top of the camera, where the film would come out. I measured against an old Instax photo I had lying around – but if you don’t, it’s around 54mm. I marked mine with a pencil first.
4. The best bit: time to add the Instax photo! I took a photo on my iPhone – complete with tinsel and silly reindeer ears – and printed it with my Instax Share, but of course it’s fine to use your Instax camera too.
5. Slide the Instax photo through the hole you made earlier and secure it at the back with sellotape.
6. Finally, cut two slits on your piece of card, as this will be your ‘pop-up’. Bend it in half, then tape the Instax picture onto it. And voila, there you go!